Cassatelle di Ricotta
Cassatelle di Ricotta is a Sicilian dessert made for Easter.
There are at least five variations:
- A cake pan is lined with a sweet-crust pastry dough, then filled with crumbled sponge cake, A filling made of ricotta, sugar, candied fruit, vanilla and grated chocolate is spooned over it, then it is topped with a top crust of the pasty dough, baked until the pie crust is cooked. Then it is allowed to cool, finished with a dusting of icing sugar.
- A cake pan is lined with waxed paper, then with thin pieces of sponge cake. It is hen filled with a ricotta mixture and enclosed with a top layer of thin sponge cake pieces. The Cassatelle di Ricotta is then chilled, inverted to serve and dusted with icing sugar (no baking involved.)
- Around Modiciano, Sicily, the filling is made from cooked, ground chickpeas mixed with wine.
- A cake pan is lined with waxed paper, then with thin pieces of sponge cake, doused in wine. It is then filled with a ricotta mixture, and enclosed with a top layer of thin sponge cake pieces. Finally, it is brushed with beaten egg yolk, then baked.
- A dough is made from flour, lard, sugar and white wine, formed into half-moon pieces filled with ricotta, honey and chocolate. It is then deep fried and sprinkled with sugar.
Cassatelle di Ricotta is called "cassateddi" in Sicily.
CakesAboukir; Alaska Florida; Angel Food Cake Day; Apple Potato Cake; Baked Alaska; Banbury Cakes; Boston Cream Pie; Boston Favorite Cake; Bundt Cakes; Cake Boards; Cake Flour; Cakes and Ale Day; Cakes; Carrot Cake; Cassatelle di Ricotta; Cheesecake Day; Cheesecake; Chocolate Cake Day; Chocolate Cake; Christmas Cakes; Clafoutis; Coconut Squares; Coffee Cake Day; Coffee Cake; Devil's Food Cake Day; Eccles Cakes; English Madelines; Flan; Galettes; Gâteau St-Honoré; Gâteaux; Genoa Bread; Genoa Cake; Icing & Frosting; Kugelhopf Cakes; Lamingtons; Marzipan Potatoes; Melton Hunt Cake; Muffins; Mustacae; Napolitain Cakes; Parkin Cake; Pasta Margherita; Pasta Paradiso; PET No-Bake Festive Fruitcake; Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Day; Pineapple Upside-Down Cake; Pithiviers; Pound Cake; Poundcake Day; Queen Elizabeth Cake; Royal Icing; Sheath Cakes; Sheet Cakes; Simnel Cake; Slab Cake; Sly Cakes; Sponge Cakes; Stir-up Sunday; Swiss Roll; Tipsy Parson; Tranche Napolitaine; Twelfth Night Cake; Twinkies; Unrefined Icing Sugar; Upside-Down Cakes; Whirlin Cakes; Wycoller Cake; Yule Log; Zuccotto
Please share this information with your friends. They may love it.
Cassadetti; Cassatelle (Italian)