What's happening when and where in the world of food.
Browse Food Calendar by month or search.
- Canada became a country on 1 July 1867. Today is a day for picnics, barbeques, fireworks, concerts and government-issued flags.Read more >>>
- Moving Day is a national tradition in Québec, where today is called the Jour du déménagement. By custom, leases in Québec go from 1 July to 30 June.Read more >>>
- American Independence Day is a major food day in America. Everywhere there will be hot dogs, picnics, salads, barbeques, brownies.Read more >>>
- You could use Chocolate Day as a day to indulge in your favourite brand. But we'd suggest you could instead use today as a day to be adventurous, and try a type of chocolate you've never tried before.Read more >>>
- Pontefract Liquorice Festival is held each year in Pontefract, Yorkshire, England. The festival celebrates liquorice because Pontefract, the home of Pomfret Cakes, has long been associated with the production of liquorice.Read more >>>
- In this day and age of excessive, over the top desserts, when's the last time you had a plain old sugar cookie, crisp on the edges, tender in the middle? Make it from scratch, make it from a purchased log of chilled dough, or hit the bakery and get them ready to go. Sugar Cookie Day, though, seems more of an oven-friendly holiday, that probably would be best celebrated in the Northern Hemisphere during the winter, as July is when the summer heat is just starting to build up.Read more >>>
- The 11th of July is Rainier Cherry Day. It's celebrated as the end of the Rainier Cherry season nears.Read more >>>
- On this day in 1789, ordinary French citizens stormed the prison called the Bastille to free the prisoners in it. This is when the French revolution really got going, and two days later the King recognized the revolution and the new French flag.Read more >>>
- On this day in 1955, Disneyland opened. There are many varied restaurants at the various Disney parks, some of them as good as you'll get anywhere, but some people feel that you can pay over the odds for the food.Read more >>>
- All of July is National Hot Dog Month in America, co-sponsored by the National Hot Dog and Sausage Council, headquartered in Washington, DC, and the American Meat Institute (AMI.) The exact day of Hot Dog Day can vary from year to year; some years the National Hot Dog and Sausage Council declares it to be on 21 July. They sponsor the annual Hot Dog Lunch on Capitol Hill in Washington.Read more >>>
- The 24th of July is Coffee Day Few people probably need a special reason to have a coffee on any given day. But for today, you could mix it up: have coffee in a different form from your usual, or try a coffee-flavoured dessert or chocolate-covered coffee beans.Read more >>>
- The 29th of July is the Feast Day of St Martha of Bethany, the Patron Saint of Cooks. Martha lived in the village of Bethany, 2 miles (3 km) from Jerusalem with her sister Mary and brother Lazarus.Read more >>>
Please share this information with your friends. They may love it.