Perch are a freshwater fish.
In general, they are considered a good fish for eating.
They can grow up to 5 pounds (2.3 kg) or more, and have rough scales.
There are several species.
- European and Asian is Perca fluviatilis. Has been introduced into Australia and New Zealand
- Central Asian is Perca schrenkii
- Yellow perch is Perca flavescens. Found in North America
- Golden perch (Macquaria ambigua) is native to Australia.
- Silver perch (Bidyanus bidyanus) is native to Australia.
- Spangled Perch (Leiopotherapon unicolor) is native to Australia.
White Perch is Morone americana. Found in North America, it is not strictly a perch, as it is not a member of the class of Perciformes
Perch are usually floured and pan-fried.
PerchPerch; Silver Perch
Please share this information with your friends. They may love it.
Perche (French); Barsch, Flussbarsch (German); Perca, Pesce persico (Italian); Perca (Spanish)