> > > > >


When used in relation to food, a truckle is generally a whole cylinder of cheese as sold by the cheesemaker, though it can also be a wheel.

In North America, people are more inclined to just say a "wheel" of cheese, even if it's a cylinder.

Language Notes

A truckle, generally, is a small wheel or a caster. What North Americans would call a "trundle bed" (the kind of small bed on wheels that wheels under a large bed) people in the UK call a "truckle bed".

A truckle is also a wooden tray that looks like a small sledge, with handles for lifting and carrying to the front and the back.



Please share this information with your friends. They may love it.


Oulton, Randal. "Truckle." CooksInfo.com. Published 26 December 2003; revised 18 September 2005. Web. Accessed 06/18/2018. <http://www.cooksinfo.com/truckle>.

© Copyright 2018. All rights reserved and enforced. You are welcome to cite CooksInfo.com as a reference, but no direct copying and republishing is allowed.