Baked Bananas Recipe
A simple, fruity dessert, especially for those who are finicky about eating fresh fruit.
- Zest the orange, set zest aside, then juice the orange and set the juice aside as well.
- Start oven heating to 400 F (200 C.)
- Peel bananas and place in a shallow, ovenproof dish. Pour the orange juice over them and dot with the butter.
- Mix the orange rind, sugar and coconut, and sprinkle on top the bananas.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.
Also good using a lemon instead of an orange. Serve with ice cream, or try fromage fraîche if available where you are.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!