Brussels Sprouts in Cheese Sauce
- Spray the inside of a 2 litre / 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Empty the sauce mix into a microwave safe jug or bowl. Disregard package directions and instead measure 1 1/2 cups (12 oz / 350 ml) of water. Add a small amount of that water to the sauce mix, whisk to make a smooth paste, then add the rest of the water and whisk till smooth. Cook in microwave for 2 to 3 minutes until thick, then set aside to let it thicken some more as it stands.
- Trim the Brussel Sprouts and wash them. Cook them until tender. 
- Start heating over to 175 C / 350 F.
- Transfer the cooked sprouts in a large bowl or pot. Add the cheese sauce, mix carefully until all sprouts are coated with sauce. (If the sauce got too thick, you can whisk in a bit more water.) Put in casserole dish.
- Rip up the two slices of bread to make fresh bread crumbs. Put in a small bowl, season to taste with herbs of your choice such as oregano, savoury, rubbed rosemary, black pepper, etc. Add the 2 tablespoons of fat-free Italian dressing, stir to mix. Sprinkle the bread crumbs on top the brussel sprouts, spray the top of bread crumbs lightly with 1 to 2 sprays of cooking spray (this helps them brown better for "curb" appeal.)
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until piping hot and bread crumbs are golden brown.
2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus® per 1 cup / 150 g.
There are a total of 22 Weight Watchers PointsPlus® in the recipe, which makes for 2 points for each of the 9 servings.
We used bread that was 1 Weight Watchers PointsPlus® per slice.
The points break down as follows: 0 for the fat-free Italian dressing, 2 for the bread, 4 for the sauce, 16 for the Brussel Sprouts.
Tip! For 3 points per 1 cup / 150 g, you can make it cheesier! Just use two packages of the cheese sauce mix and double the water. (That raises total recipe points to 26 points.)
* Weight Watchers Points™ calculated by CooksInfo.com. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers® International, Inc, which is the owner of the Points® registered trademarks.