Cooking at: 350 F / 180 C / Gas Mark 4
Cheesecake Brownies Recipe
The name says it all; these are rich and fabulous.
- Set the butter out in advance to soften; no point in starting until it has.
- Grease the baking pan, then line it with waxed paper or greaseproof paper. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave or on the stove. Set aside to cool a bit.
- Cream the butter and half the sugar together. Beat 3 of the eggs in, one at a time. Then stir the chocolate in, then the flour, and spread 3/4 of this chocolate mixture over the bottom of the baking pan. Set aside.
- In a fresh bowl, mix together the cream cheese, the vanilla, and the final half of the sugar and the remaining 2 eggs. If you have an electric handmixer, you can use it.
- Spread all the cream cheese mixture out over the chocolate base. Drop the remaining 1/4 of the chocolate mixture onto this by random spoonfuls, then take a fork and just swirl it lightly in.
- Press whatever (washed) fruit you are using into various places on the top.
- Bake for about 3/4 of an hour or until a knife comes out clean. When cool, cut into squares.
Instead of raspberries, you can use strawberries, blueberries, etc -- any kind of small soft berry that doesn't need sweetening (unlike cranberries or gooseberries). Use anywhere from a few handfuls up to 1 pint / punnet; however many you feel like, really. Use a baking pan that is 13 x 9 x 2 inches (30 x 20 x 3 cm).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!