Pie crust recipe
This is a standard recipe for pie crust (aka shortcrust pastry), as was taught for decades in home economics classrooms.
- Mix the salt and the flour.
- Blend the fat you are using in.
- Add just enough cold water (a few tablespoons at a time) to get the dough to form a ball.
- Divide into two halves, and roll out the two crusts.
- Assemble and bake as per the recipe you are using.
How much water is actually needed will depend on how dry your flour is, the humidity in the air that day (sic), etc.. You may need a bit more, you may need a bit less.
Serving: 8slicesCalories: 2269kcalCarbohydrates: 191gProtein: 26gFat: 156gSaturated Fat: 39gSodium: 1174mgPotassium: 268mgFiber: 7gSugar: 1gCalcium: 38mgIron: 12mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!