The 16th of June is Fudge Day.
Treat yourself today to fudge in some form: either straight up, or in fudge cookies or fudge cake, or as a hot fudge sauce on ice cream.
What’s your favourite flavour of fudge?
Do you like it with nuts, or without, and if with, then what kind of nuts?
Some fudge places today will offer specials, such as discounts or free pieces of fudge.
Activities for today
- Take a drive out of town to visit a tourist town for some fudge;
- Make some fudge at home and post a photo to social media;
- Have friends over for coffee and tea and a pan of fudge;
- Have a fudge taste-testing;
- Organize a fudge-sale at your church or community centre to raise money for your chosen cause;
- Share vintage fudge recipes online;
- Grab a box of fudge and share with coworkers;
- If it’s a busy day, then just make sure to pass by somewhere that you can buy a piece of fudge to treat yourself to.
The earliest print mention of a Fudge Day in June that CooksInfo is aware of dates from 2004:
“Today is… National Fudge Day” — Battle Creek, Michigan. Battle Creek Enquirer. Tuesday, 16 June 2004. Page C4, col 3.
How to get Mackinac Island fudge on National Fudge Day. Advance Publications’ Michigan . 15 June 2018. Accessed May 2021 at https://www.mlive.com/michigansbest/2018/06/who_wants_mackinac_island_fudg.html
Keebler® Celebrates New Whoopsy! Fudge Stripes™ Cookies On National Fudge Day. Kellogg Company. Press release. 15 June 2018. Accessed May 2021 at https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/keebler-celebrates-new-whoopsy-fudge-stripes-cookies-on-national-fudge-day-300667010.html
What’s not to Fudge?’ Celebrating National Fudge Day. Tomorrow’s Guides Ltd. 20 June 2017. Accessed May 2021 at https://www.carehome.co.uk/news/article.cfm/id/1585513/Whats-not-to-Fudge