See also: Libby’s Recipe for pumpkin pie
E.D. Smith recipe for pumpkin pie
Recipe for pumpkin pie from cans of E.D. Smith pure pumpkin purée
- 2 Eggs (large)
- 14 oz Pumpkin purée ½ of a large 800 ml can E.D. Smith® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup Brown Sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon (ground)
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg (ground)
- ¼ teaspoon Ginger (ground)
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¾ cup Evaporated Milk
- 1 Pie Crust 1 unbaked 9-inch (23 cm / 4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- Wash hands with soap and water; ensure worksurface is clean.
- Make or thaw pie shell; set in fridge until needed.
- Start oven heating to 425 degrees F / 220 C.
- In large bowl, beat eggs lightly.
- Add ingredients from brown sugar down to and including salt.
- Combine well.
- Add milk, stir well.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into prepared pie shell.
- Place pie into oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 F / 175 C.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes (test for doneness: knife inserted near center comes out clean)
- Remove from oven. Let cool before serving.
Note: this recipe calls for the unflavoured pumpkin purée, not for the tinned pumpkin pie mixture that is already seasoned! To make 2 pies, double the ingredients and use 2 pie shells. (This would use the full, large 800 ml can of pumpkin.) Many people say the suggested baking time is never long enough. Store refrigerated. Regard raw eggs as you would raw meat: clean surfaces and hands after contact with them.
Calories: 259kcalCarbohydrates: 42gProtein: 4gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 211mgPotassium: 153mgFiber: 1gSugar: 31gVitamin A: 121IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 103mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!