Shit on a Shingle Recipe
- Chop up the chipped beef roughly, set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat along with a few dashes of ground pepper (optional: a dash of ground nutmeg, a pinch of onion powder or a tablespoon of minced onion, a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce, a squirt of mustard.) Don't let the butter brown. As soon as it's just all melted, add the flour, and whisk it in. Let cook for a minute, then whisk in half the milk. As soon as it's absorbed, whisk in the remainder of the milk, then stir in the chipped beef, and set the heat to low.
- Pop the bread in the toaster. When it's toasted, arrange the two slices of toast and spoon the beef mixture on top of both.
- Serve piping hot.
- If you're serving for lunch or dinner, add some side veg for a complete meal.
7 Weight Watchers PointsPlus® a serving for 2 pieces of toast with the sauce on it.
We used bread that was 2 points for 2 slices, and chipped beef that was 2 points for 55 g. The white sauce with skim milk is 3 points, making a total of 7 points. (Tip! A packet of Coleman’s white sauce made up with water instead of milk, then nuked for 2 to 3 minutes, tastes the same, and is only 2 points for 1 1 /4 cups / 300 ml).
* Weight Watchers Points™ calculated by CooksInfo.com. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers® International, Inc, which is the owner of the Points® registered trademarks.