To dice is to cut a fruit or vegetable into small squares or cubes.
To dice, you wash, then peel the fruit or vegetable, then cut it into sticks whose width is the size of the dice you want to end up with, then stack those sticks three or four high then slice off the cubes in the width you want them to be.
Different sizes of dicing are called upon for different uses.
- Large dice = ¾” (20 mm) cubed
- Medium dice = ½” (13 mm) cubed
- Small dice = ¼” ( 6 mm) cubed
- Brunoise = 1/8” (3 mm) cubed
- Fine Brunoise = 1/16” (1.5 mm) cubed
Please share this information with your friends. They may love it.
Also called:Couper en dés (French); Gewürfeln (German); Quadrettare (Italian); Cortar en cuadritos, Escaqueadar (Spanish); Cortar em pedaços (Portuguese)
You may also like: