Keurig Coffee Mix
This is a simple recipe idea for an inexpensive, robust coffee mix for use with refillable K-Cups® in Keurig® Coffee machines. It lets you make your own K-Cup coffees for pennies on the dollar.
- 300 g Espresso Coffee (10 oz. Any brand you wish)
- ½ can Coffee drip coffee grind, regular or decaf
- Empty a can of Medaglia d’Oro coffee into a large bowl.
- Then, fill that now-emptied Medaglia d’Oro coffee can with your favourite drip coffee. Pack lightly.
- Add that to the bowl and using your hands, mix and blend well.
- Store in a large (925g / 32 oz) empty coffee can.
- Per K-Cup, use 1 generously heaped tablespoon (about 5 ½ teaspoons / 2 scant tablespoons.)
- Do not press down too tightly on the coffee in the K-Cup filter -- the secret is to allow the hot water room to swirl around in the coffee as it passes through the filter. Do not fill the K-Cup completely full; the coffee needs room to swell as the hot water hits it.
For the regular coffee, you could also use decaf, to reduce the caffeine if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!