Au Gratin Potatoes (2) Recipe
A real crowd-pleaser with the melted cheese and golden-brown breadcrumbs on top.
Cooking Temperature 220 C / 425 F / Gas Mark 7
- 6 Potatoes medium, peeled, sliced
- 4 oz Cheddar Cheese grated
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- ½ cup Fresh Bread Crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Grate the cheese; set aside.
- Butter the baking dish; set aside.
- Melt the butter; toss the fresh breadcrumbs in half of it and set aside; set the rest of the melted butter aside as well.
- Start heating the oven to 220 C / 425 F / Gas Mark 7.
- Peel the potatoes, slice them thinly into a bowl and toss them with the salt and melted butter.
- Arrange them evenly in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the cheese over the potatoes, then the bread crumbs over it all.
- Pop into the oven and bake until the potatoes are tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
4 oz / 125 g cheddar cheese = 1 cup, grated. Use a large, rectangular baking dish about 13 x 9 inches (33 x 23 cm).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!