White Barbeque Basting Sauce (North Carolina Style)
This is an example of the "white bbq sauces" made in some areas of the southern United States. Good particularly with pork.
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Mix all.
- Let stand for a few minutes.
- Do not rinse raw poultry or meat. Remember: wash hands with soap and water after handling uncooked meat.
- Put a small amount of sauce into a dish, and brush meat out of that small dish. Replenish dish as needed from the larger amount of sauce.
- Baste the meat you are barbequing or grilling every 15 minutes.
- Discard any leftover sauce that was in the small dish; store other leftover sauce covered in refrigerator for up to a few weeks.
Directions in this recipe follow the Safe Recipe Style Guide .
Serving: 1cupCalories: 115kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 1gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 12mgPotassium: 174mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gCalcium: 17mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
See also: Barbeque sauce