Chocolate and Chestnut Fudge Cake
A very rich, delicious no-bake cake.
- Line a bread loaf tin or a round cake pan with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Grind the chestnuts finely in a food processor (skip this if starting with a chestnut purée.)
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave or over hot water just until it has melted. Set aside.
- Beat with an electric mixer, or by hand, the sugar and the butter until fluffy. Add the chocolate and chestnuts. Stir. Transfer to lined pan. Refrigerate overnight.
- Turn out onto plate and remove the plastic wrap. Dust with a teaspoon or so of icing sugar and the same amount of cocoa. To slice, use a knife heated in hot water.
You can just buy the chestnuts already cooked; a tin or jar of chestnut purée will also do the trick.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!