Lemon-Garlic Drumsticks Recipe
This will taste like roast chicken, even though you don't have to turn your oven on -- so it's a great dish for the summer when you don't want to heat up your place.
- Wash the drumsticks, pat dry, and season them with a sprinkling of ground nutmeg. Set aside.
- Peel and mince the garlic; set aside.
- Wash the lemon; zest enough of the skin to make 1 teaspoon of zest. Set that zest aside, then juice enough of the lemon to make 2 tablespoons of juice. Set the juice aside (you can toss it in with the zest, if you like, as you'll be using them both at the same time.)
- Put the oil on to heat in your frying pan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, put the drumsticks in (mind the sputtering oil), and cook them until golden brown, turning frequently.
- Once they are browned, lower the heat a tidge, then cover the frying pan and allow to cook for a further 25 to 30 minutes. When you think they are basically done, add the parsley, the mince garlic and the butter, stir round and cook for another 5 minutes uncovered.
- Remove from the heat. Remove the lid, and add the lemon zest and lemon juice. Stir up to mix, then re-cover and let stand off heat for 5 minutes or so, then serve.
Use a large frying pan with a lid (fake a lid with tin foil if you need to.) You can add a few more drumsticks, if your frying pan is big enough to hold them.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!