Limerick Ham Recipe
The juniper-berries make a change from the standard-issue cloves. And what's not to like about a gin-soaked main course?
- If the juniper berries are dried (as they are likely to be), soak them in advance to rehydrate them.
- Start oven heating to 200 C / 400 F / Gas Mark 6.
- Score the ham deeply by making 1/2 inch (1 cm) slashes in it.
- Press the juniper berries into the cuts.
- Mix all remaining ingredients, and brush over the ham. Cover with foil, and bake, basting occasionally with the sauce.
- Bake until skin is crispy and the ham reaches an internal temperature of 71 C (160 F), about 45 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!