This mojito sauce has a wonderful mellow lime, mint and run flavour to it, without the mint overpowering. It's particularly good with grilled seafood such as grilled calamari, shrimp or scallops, but also try it with other things such as grilled vegetables, grilled chicken, etc. It's also extremely easy to whip together and make ahead. Makes 250 ml / 1 cup
- 2 tablespoons Lime Zest finely grated
- 3 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoons White Rum
- 2 teaspoons White Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Mint fresh, minced
- ⅔ cup non-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon Mint fresh, minced
- In a small sauce pot, mix all the ingredients up to and including the 2 tablespoons of mint. Put on stove, bring to a boil, let boil for 1 minute then remove from heat.
- Remove from heat, let cool.
- When cool, whisk in the yoghurt and the remaining tablespoon of fresh mint.
You need about 4 limes for the zest, if you are using key limes (aka Mexican limes.) We used 5 g of mint in total -- a decent-size handful of sprigs. You can make this a day ahead. Store covered in refrigerator.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!