Potato and Bean Fritters Recipe
Very tasty fritters.
- Grate the cheese; set aside.
- Chop the green onion; set aside.
- Mash the beans coarsely; set aside.
- Put into a medium-sized mixing bowl the flour, baking powder and cornstarch. Mix with a fork to blend. Make a well in the middle; crack the 2 eggs into the well. Beat the eggs a bit with your fork. Add the milk to the well, stir with a fork, then stir everything, the wet and dry ingredients, together.
- Put some oil in a frying pan and start it heating.
- Wash, peel and grate the potato, and add to batter. Add all remaining ingredients and mix well.
- When the oil is hot, make a fritter by dropping 3 or 4 tablespoons of batter into one part of the frying pan. Make a few more fritters, but don't let the fritters touch. Cook for 4 minutes on 1 side, then flip and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on the other side. Remove from pan when golden brown on both sides, and make more fritters until the batter is all used up.
- Serve hot with sour cream or a mild chili sauce, or both.
You can cook the beans yourself from dried, or use 15 oz / 420 g tin, drained. 1 1/2 cups is about 9 oz / 250 g of cooked and drained beans.