Salad Dressing Base
- Put the water in a jug or bowl at least three times the capacity (i.e. 3 cups / 750 ml) in size (to prevent boil-over. If you are doubling the recipe, double that bowl size again.) Sprinkle the xanthan gum over the water and whisk in (don't worry about any small lumps at this stage.) Sprinkle the cornstarch over the top, whisking in briefly after each teaspoon. But again don't worry about any small lumps at this stage, they will cook out.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes, whisk, then microwave for a final 2 minutes, take out, whisk, set aside to cool -- about 30 minutes on a counter.
- Put the ingredients in the order listed in a sauce pan. To avoid big lumps when adding the corn starch, sprinkle it over the surface of the water and whisk well after each teaspoon until blended. Heat the stove top burner to medium high-heat and whisk the mixture until it starts to thicken, about 3 to 5 minutes. Don't let it boil.
- Let cool before using -- about 30 minutes.
1 Weight Watchers PointsPlus® per 250 ml (8 oz / 1 cup.) With 1 tablespoon of oil added, it’s 4 points. Compare those figures with 250 ml (8 oz / 1 cup) of olive oil, which clocks in at 56 points.
* Weight Watchers Points™ calculated by CooksInfo.com. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers® International, Inc, which is the owner of the Points® registered trademarks.