Baked Cheeseballs Recipe
Dead easy cheeseballs to make, with surprise fruit-and-nut centres that give them a bit of sophistication.
- Grate cheese; set aside.
- Cut the dates into halves; set aside.
- Start heating your oven to 190 C / 375 F / Gas Mark 5.
- Zap the butter in the microwave in a large, microwave-safe bowl until it is just melted. Remove from microwave, and mix in the grated cheese and salt. Stir in the flour and mix well to form a stiff dough.
- Tear off a tablespoon or so of the dough. Press into the centre a date half and a pecan half, then fold the dough around them, and press the dough to mould it into a ball with the fruit and nut completely enclosed. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat until all the dough is used up.
- Then pop into the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown.
For the nuts, use pecan halves. You can also use walnut halves.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!