Mascarpone Cauliflower Cheese
This is a quick cauliflower cheese, as the mascarpone takes the place of a white sauce.
- Set a large pan of water to boil on the stove - no need to salt it. Meanwhile, wash cauliflower, cut into florets. Cook them in the water for about 5 minutes. They should be just tender at that point (they will cook more later in the oven.) Drain, set into a casserole dish, and set aside.
- Start your broiler / grill heating.
- Heat mascarpone and half the cheddar in a pan until the cheddar melts into the mascarpone. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the cauliflower in the casserole dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheddar over top of it.
- Grill / broil until the cheese sauce is bubbling and the top is golden. Serve hot.
Once the dish is assembled, you can put it in the fridge covered for a few hours till you need it -- you can even make it a day ahead. Just bring it to room temperature first before cooking it.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!