Mashed Potatoes with Cauliflower and Cheddar Recipe
You can make this up to a day ahead, and re-heat in oven. If you're reheating, scatter a bit more grated cheese on top.
Servings: 4 to 6
- Grate the cheese and set aside. Chop the green onion and set aside.
- Start a large pot of water to boil on the stove.
- Peel garlic cloves and chop in half. Chop cauliflower into small chunks. Peel and chop potatoes into medium-sized chunks.
- Add garlic and potatoes to boiling water. After 10 minutes, add the cauliflower as well and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk, either in a pot or in the microwave.
- Drain the potatoes and cauliflower. Mash them. Add hot milk, oil, and salt and pepper. Then stir in cheese and green onion. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Serve hot.