Charred Cherry Salsa
- Wash cherries, remove stems. Place on a grilling rack (ideally over sink) and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Put on grill over medium heat and cook until they start to char, turning occasionally -- about 10 minutes.
- Let the cherries cool till they are comfortable to handle, then pit them. It's okay if they get torn up a fair bit during the pitting process -- you actually want this. Mix in all the other ingredients, and set aside to marinate for a few hours. Optional: a few drops of liquid smoke, probably no more than 1/8th teaspoon.
- Best made a day ahead. Serve room temperature.
Makes 500 ml / 2 cups. There are 15 Weight Watchers PointsPlus® in total in the recipe. Suggested serving size is 4 tablespoons (125 ml / 1/4 cup) per person, which costs 2 points per. On the other hand, you may opt to treat it as free, as cherries and onion are on the free list, and there’s so little oil in the recipe.
We used a salt substitute.
|Could also be counted as free|
* Weight Watchers Points™ calculated by CooksInfo.com. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers® International, Inc, which is the owner of the Points® registered trademarks.