The 27th of February is Kahlua Day.
A little Kahlua goes a long way, so it can be an ideal ingredient to use in many things:
- have some drizzled on ice cream or yoghurt;
- have some drizzled on cheesecake or other cake;
- pour a shot into a coffee or a hot chocolate;
- have a cocktail made with Kahlua;
- or just sip a shot on its own, perhaps on the rocks.
The earliest mention that CooksInfo finds in print archives of a February 27th Kahlua Day dates from 2009 in Chicago: “National Kahlua Day. Celebrate with $5.00 white Russian cocktails.”
Keller, Janet K. SWEET KAHLUA: Toast National Kahlua Day with drinks and dishes that go down smoothly with the rich liqueur’s help. St Petersburg, Florida: Tampa Bay Times. 27 February 2013. Page 1E.
Montiel, Micah. Celebrate National Kahlua Day With This Sweet Sip. Denver, Colorado: Denver Life Magazine. February 2016. Accessed February 2020 at https://denverlifemagazine.com/2016/02/national-kahlua-day/
South Florida Reporter. Today Is: National Kahlua Day. 27 February 2016. Accessed February 2021 at https://southfloridareporter.com/today-is-national-kahlua-day/