Migas can be served for any kind of meal. Excellent with flour tortillas, sour cream, salsa, black beans, etc.
- Grate the cheese; set aside.
- Crumble the tortilla chips; set aside.
- Beat together the eggs, milk, Tabasco and season as desired with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan. Add the eggs; scramble until just about set. Add the cheese, stir in, then sprinkle the crumbled tortilla chips over, fold them in, and serve.
- [Optional: if adding jalapeno pepper, have it chopped up in advance, have them room temperature, and stir in at the same time as the cheese.]
Optional: if you wish, you can start off with some sautéed onion, bell pepper, etc, to which you add the egg and proceed as per the recipe.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!