A classic Scottish quick bread recipe.
- Start heating your oven to 200 C / 400 F / Gas Mark 6
- Grease an 8 inch (20 cm) round pie pan.
- In a bowl, mix the oats, flour, sugar, and baking soda with a pinch of salt. Mix in the melted butter.
- Spoon into the pie pan and press down (don't line the sides of the pie pan, just the base.) Mark the edge with a fork. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes. Mark into 8 wedges while still hot.
- When cooled, slice and remove from pan and serve anytime.
Easily doubled or tripled.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!