Skinny Bread Machine White Bread
- Put ingredients in bread pan in order listed (yes: 1 cup plus 2 tbsp water -- 9 oz / 260 ml.) Put bread machine on dough cycle.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a pullman bread pan with cooking spray, not forgetting the underside of the top lid. (Or, spray a regular bread pan.)
- When the bread dough is finished mixing completely, stop the bread machine (no need to let it go through the rise part of the dough cycle.) Pull the dough out, and place in the Pullman pan with the lid 3/4 on and cover with a tea towel. Check after an hour and every 10 minutes or so after that. When the dough has risen about 7/8th of the way to the lid, heat the oven to 175 C (350 F).
- Close the lid carefully, put the bread pan into the oven right-side up and set a timer for 25 minutes.
- When it dings, turn the bread pan onto one side and set a timer for 10 minutes.
- When it dings, turn the bread pan onto its other side, and set a timer for 10 minutes.
- At the end of this, remove from oven. Turn out of bread pan upside down onto bread rack to cool.
Nutrition information is for bread sliced in 20 slices that are 1 cm (.4 inches) thick. It’s really not feasible to try to slice it any thinner.
Per slice, 56 calories.
For the family-sized loaf, cut slices the same thickness and the same nutritional info per slice will apply.
Don’t try to use a salt substitute; it won’t work. The salt here is needed to control the yeast growth.
* Nutrition info provided by http://caloriecount.about.com
|3 points for 2 slices|
* Weight Watchers Points™ calculated by CooksInfo.com. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers® International, Inc, which is the owner of the Points® registered trademarks.