This is a Spanish recipe, called "Buñuelos de espinacas". It is often made as part of an assortment of tapas.
- 1 ½ pound Spinach cooked, drained
- 2 Eggs
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- 3 oz Parmesan Cheese grated
- 3 oz Fresh Bread Crumbs
- Olive Oil
- Squeeze the spinach in paper towel until dry. Chop coarsely.
- Put on a frying pan to heat with some olive oil in it.
- Beat eggs with some salt, pepper and nutmeg (and other spices or herbs that strike your fancy.) Stir in the cheese and the breadcrumbs, then fold in the spinach.
- Divide into 8 balls and then flatten them with the palm of your hand into round patties.
- Fry the patties until golden brown on each side, then drain on paper towel.
Can be served warm or cold.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!