Sweetcorn and Onion Polenta
A really great, tasty side dish when you just can't face potato, rice or pasta again.
- Peel and chop the onions; set aside.
- Heat the oil along with half the butter in a frying pan. Add the onions, and sauté just until they start to brown. Add the corn, and continue sautéing just until it too starts to brown.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Put 5 cups (2 pints / 1 ¼ litres) of water in a largish pot, salt it lightly and bring it to a boil. Pour the polenta in in a stream, stirring all the while. When it's all in, lower the heat down to a medium heat and cook for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat. Add in the milk, cheese, remaining butter, and half the corn mixture. Stir all this in, and season to taste.
- Serve in dollops as a side, garnished with some of the remaining corn mixture.
1 cup of uncooked Polenta is 6 oz / 175 g. ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese is 2 ounces/50 g of cheese.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!