Vodka and Thyme Lemonade
An adult cooler drink.
- Put the water and sugar in a saucepan on the stove over medium-high heat. When it reaches a boil, add the thyme sprigs, then reduce the heat a bit and allow it to simmer to about 5 minutes, or until the sugar is all dissolved in the water and the thyme sprigs wilt a bit. Stir frequently.
- Set aside and let this cool.
- When it has cooled (about an hour or so), you can procede with the rest of the recipe.
- Slice up 1 lemon; set aside.
- Juice the remaining 6 lemons; pour the juice into a large pitcher.
- Add the sugar syrup (and thyme sprigs in it), along with 2 pints / 4 cups / 1 litre of water, and stir.
- To serve, put some ice cubes in a top, a slice of lemon, a glog of vodka (your call how much), and then top up with lemonade.
Be sure to let any guests who are driving know there's vodka in this.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!