Cooking at: 425 F / 220 C / Gas Mark 7
Camembert and Pancetta Macaroni Cheese Recipe
A grown-up's macaroni and cheese!
- Grease the ovenproof dish and set aside.
- Put a pot of water on to boil for the macaroni.
- Zest the lemon. Set the zest aside; return the lemon to the fridge for another future use.
- Cut the cheese up into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, heat a small amount of oil, add the pancetta, and cook it for about 2 minutes or until it is crisp. Set aside on paper towel to drain.
- Start your oven heating.
- Pop the macaroni into its boiling water to cook. Cook until just starting to get tender to the bite. Scoop out 1 cup (8 oz / 250ml) of the pasta water and reserve; drain the macaroni of the rest of the water.
- Let the macaroni rest in its colander. Put the reserved water back into the pasta pot over medium heat and add the cream cheese. Heat until the cheese blends into the water, stirring frequently. Stir in the pancetta, zest, camembert and parsley, then stir in the macaroni.
- Transfer to the ovenproof dish and pop into the oven. Bake until the sauce is bubbling and the top is golden, about 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Use a 2 quart / 2 litre ovenproof dish. 3 cups of uncooked macaroni = 12 oz / 350g uncooked. Use 2 teaspoons of dried parsley or a handful of fresh parsley. If using fresh, chop it up before you start cooking so that it is ready to go.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!