Cooking at: 400 F / 200 C / Gas Mark 6
Cheese, Artichoke and Pancetta Puffs Recipe
They'll think you fussed forever with savoury pastry squares. Good as a light lunch with a quick, leafy salad on the side.
- Thaw the puff pastry in advance of starting.
- Start your oven heating.
- Roll pastry out on a floured surface and cut into 4 squares about 4 x 4 inches (10 cm x 10 cm.) Edge up the sides of each, then use a flipper to transfer to an ungreased baking sheet.
- Chop up the artichoke hearts, and scatter them on top of each square. Top each with a slice of pancetta, and a slice of goat's cheese. Sprinkle each with a bit of olive oil, then grind a bit of black pepper on each.
- At this point, you can pop them in the fridge covered with plastic wrap. You can make them ahead for up to about 6 hours. (If you're doing this, then obviously you won't have needed to heat the oven up just yet.)
- Pop into hot oven, and bake until cheese is melting and the pastry is golden and puffed -- about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven, let rest for 1 to 2 minutes, then send to table hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!