Corn Chowder Recipe
Ever feel like soup, and you have no broth or broth cubes to hand? Here is a quick and easy recipe that is perfect for those cold rainy days.
- 2 slices Bacon
- 1 Onion diced, small
- 2 Potatoes diced, large
- 1 - 16 oz can Creamed Corn
- 1 ½ cup Milk
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 ¼ teaspoon Salt to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoon Sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon Ground Pepper to taste
- Parsley chopped
- In a medium saucepan sauté bacon and onions until golden.
- Add potatoes and 1 cup (8 oz / 250 ml) of water. Bring to a boil and cover.
- Boil gently for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender, but not mushy.
- Add corn, milk, butter, salt, sugar and pepper. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Serve hot.
This recipe can be easily doubled. Served with biscuits or hot bread, and a salad, this makes a great meal, ready in about 30 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!