The 16th of July is Corn Fritters Day.
Are you feeling corny yet?
For many people, corn fritters are pure comfort food.
They are meant to be a side dish, but often end up being the highlight on a plate, or even an appetizer.
Activities for today
- Have friends over for a meal and serve corn fritters as an appetizer or as a side;
- healthier versions can be made in your air fryer or by baking in your oven;
- try the Indonesian version known as “Perkedel Jagung”;
- go out to a restaurant with a friend and order a basket to snack on;
- look for deals at restaurants;
- share photos of your corn fritters today on social media.
Baillache, Earl. Monday, 16 is July National Corn Fritters Day. Amanzimtoti, Durban, South Africa. 16 July 2018. Accessed June 2021 at https://southcoastsun.co.za/125644/monday-16-july-national-corn-fritters-day/
Isom, Cathy. Celebrating National Corn Fritters Day. South East Ag Net. 16 July 2018. Accessed June 2021 at https://southeastagnet.com/2018/07/16/celebrating-national-corn-fritters-day/
Today is Corn Fritter Day. Swarthmore, PA: Delaware County News Network. 16 July 2015. Accessed June 2021 at https://www.delconewsnetwork.com/entertainment/today-is-corn-fritter-day/article_6d3e0c6a-bc9e-59f2-b1b1-df45d0167377.html
Walt, Abigail. Let’s Get Corny in Honor of National Corn Fritters Day. Birmingham, Alabama: Southern Living Magazine. 15 July 2015. Accessed June 2021 at https://www.southernliving.com/side-dishes/lets-get-corny-in-honor-of-national-corn-fritters-day