Custard Rhubarb Pie
The tartness of the rhubarb acts as a foil to the richness of the custard.
- Make a bottom crust as per your pie crust recipe.
- Line a 9 inch (22 cm) pie pan with the crust.
- Start oven heating to 220 C / 425 F / Gas Mark 7.
- Chop the rhubarb; mix the eggs, sugar, flour and nutmeg and stir your rhubarb in. Pour into the pie dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes at above temperature, then reduce heat to 160 C / 325 F and bake until rhubarb is tender and the filling is set, around 40 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!