Jam Topped Sponge Puddings Recipe
This is a really easy dessert! Use whatever jam you like, or use marmalade. Lovely served with cream or custard.
- Start oven heating to 175 C / 350 F / Gas Mark 4.
- Put a kettle of water on to boil.
- Butter four x 6 oz (¾ cup / 175 ml) pudding moulds or ovenproof dishes. You could also just use one large ovenproof or pudding dish that would hold about 24 oz (3 cups / 700 ml.)
- Put 2 tablespoons of the jam in the bottom of each (or if using one large dish, dump it all in.)
- Beat the rest of the ingredients in a bowl until smooth; pour into pudding dishes and level the surface with a knife or spatula.
- Put the pudding dishes into a large ovenproof dish such as a casserole or roasting pan, and fill that dish or pan with 1 inch (2 to 3 cm) of boiling water. Place CAREFULLY into the oven. Or, place the dish in the oven first with the pudding dish/dishes in it, then pour the hot water in.
- Cook until risen and golden, about 25 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Instead of the flour, baking powder, and salt you can just use ½ cup (2 ½ oz / 70 g) self-raising flour.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!