Osgood Pie Recipe
This recipe used to be an American favourite at Thanksgiving.
Cooking Temperature 240 C / 475 F / Gas Mark 9
- Start heating your oven to 240 C / 475 F / Gas Mark 9.
- Make or thaw the pie crust, and line the pie pan with it. Set aside.
- Put the sugar in a bowl. Whisk the spices in with a fork. With the back of a spoon or your fingers work the sugar in. Separate the eggs, set the 2 whites aside, and beat the 2 egg yolks in. Then stir in all the remaining ingredients (except the egg whites and the pie crust, obviously.)
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, fold in, and turn into pie shell.
- Put in the oven and immediately lower the heat to 190 C (375 F). Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until the top is evenly browned.
You can use an 8 or 9 inch (20 or 23 cm) pie pan. Easily doubled.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!