Roasted Sausages and Leeks Recipe
A really easy but great baked sausage dish. Frees you up from having to futz over them in a frying pan.
- In a frying pan, heat a tablespoon of oil.
- Add the sausages, and lightly brown them on all sides.
- Remove from heat and let sit.
- Start oven heating to 175 C / 350 F / Gas Mark 4.
- Peel and thickly slice the onions and toss the slices into your ovenproof dish.
- Wash, trim and thickly slice the leek, and add it in with the onion. Sprinkle the dried thyme over, add a few dashes of pepper, the remaining oil, and toss the onion and leeks together.
- Arrange the sausages on top, then bake until the onion and leeks are tender, about 1 hour. Stir them around a bit a few times while they are baking.
- Serve hot.
Use a 14 x 9 ovenproof dish (35 x 24 cm).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!