Tomato & Mozzarella Pasta Salad Recipe
This combines all the great Italian flavours with the colours of the Italian flag: red, white and green. The flavours are amazing and at just 6 Weight Watchers PointsPlus® per 1 cup (150g) serving, it qualifies as "skinny food" despite the wonderful mixture of pasta, mozzarella, basil and olive oil.
- 2.5 cups Rotini (Uncooked. 225g / 8 oz)
- 1 box Cherry Tomatoes (small)
- 4 Green Onions (sliced)
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese (shredded) (120 g / 4 oz)
- 1 1/2 cup Cucumber (chopped) (cut into chunks. (3 handfuls / 240 g / around 1/2 pound )
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Basil (fresh, chopped)
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
Cook, drain and rinse pasta in cold water; set aside to cool.
Toss in a salad bowl:
Then stir in the pasta.
Make the dressing from the olive oil, wine vinegar, basil, garlic and salt, pour it on the ingredients in the salad bowl, and toss.
Serve room temperature. If you are making this earlier in the day, chill until an hour before ready to serve.
2 1/2 cups uncooked rotini = 225g / 8 oz If you are making this out of season, you can get away with dried basil (use about 1 tablespoon.) If you are using fresh basil, you can garnish the salad with a few leaves, chopped or whole.
Courses Pasta; Salads; Skinny Food
There are a total of 52 Weight Watchers PointsPlus® in the recipe. That’s 6 points per 1 cup (150g) serving.
* Weight Watchers Points™ calculated by CooksInfo.com. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers® International, Inc, which is the owner of the Points® registered trademarks.