Cooking at: 350 F / 180 C / Gas Mark 4
Coconut Cake Recipe
This recipe requires a food processor, but on the upside, a food processor makes it lightning fast.
- Butter the cake pan. Set aside.
- Start oven heating.
- Zest the lemon. Put the zest in your food processor bowl. Return the lemon, wrapped, to the fridge for another use.
- Zest the orange; add to food processor bowl. Juice the orange; add to food processor bowl as well.
- Now add all remaining ingredients to food processor bowl and whiz until well blended.
- Transfer batter to cake pan, place in oven, and bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick or skewer come out clean and top is golden. Let cool in the pan.
Use a round cake pan that is 9 x 2 inch (23 x 5 cm) or that will hold 8 cups (2 L).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!