Creamy Marinated Cauliflower Salad
This cauliflower salad is a great make-ahead addition to any summer salad selection or a great snack or meal add-on to have to hand in the fridge week-long. Even people who aren't necessarily cauliflower fans seem to really like it.
- ¾ cup Greek Yoghurt fat-free
- ¾ cup Italian Dressing fat-free
- ½ Lemon juiced
- ¼ cup Parsley chopped
- 4 Green Onions chopped
- ½ Red Bell Pepper minced
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2 cloves Garlic
- ½ teaspoon Chile Flakes
- 3 tablespoons Bacon Bits
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon Basil dried
- 2 heads Cauliflower medium
- Make the marinade sauce by mixing all the ingredients except the cauliflower. Set aside.
- Cut the leaves and stem off the cauliflower; cut the cauliflower into small florets. Put the raw cauliflower into a large container that you can seal (or a sealable plastic storage bag.) Add the dressing. Stir or toss to mix.
- Seal container and put in fridge for at least 24 hours before serving. Turn container periodically to keep it mixed up.
- Serve chilled or room temperature.
To confirm, you don't blanche or cook the cauliflower first. After you've made it once or twice, you can adjust the ingredients to your taste. The longer it sits, the better it tastes. Good for up to 5 days in refrigerator. Optional: add some grated carrot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!