Drunken Beans Recipe
More like a soup, it's meant to be served in bowls. Best if made a day ahead of time then reheated for serving.
- ¾ pound Bacon chopped
- 3 Onion large, chopped
- 12 cups Pinto Beans cooked, drained
- 4 ½ cups Beer dark
- 3 cups Stock beef
- 3 Tomatoes large, chopped
- 1 ½ cup Coriander fresh, chopped
- 3 Jalapeno Pepper chopped, finely
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- Peel and chop the onions, wash and chop the coriander and the chiles; set all aside separately.
- Chop bacon, fry until crisp in a large pot or Dutch once.
- Remove the bacon, leave the fat in and add the onion. Cook the onion on low heat until tender, about 15 minutes.
- The add all the ingredients including the bacon back in.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for about 1 ½ hours or until sauce has slightly thickened.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!