Drunken Beans Recipe
More like a soup, it's meant to be served in bowls. Best if made a day ahead of time then reheated for serving.
Servings: 12 cups
- Peel and chop the onions, wash and chop the coriander and the chiles; set all aside separately.
- Chop bacon, fry until crisp in a large pot or Dutch once.
- Remove the bacon, leave the fat in and add the onion. Cook the onion on low heat until tender, about 15 minutes.
- The add all the ingredients including the bacon back in.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for about 1 1/2 hours or until sauce has slightly thickened.