Gelled Tomato, Basil and Raspberry Vinaigrette Salad
- Measure out 2 cups (500ml) of canned diced tomatoes, including juice into a saucepan. Stir in the vinegar and the dried basil, then the raspberry gelatin powder.
- Heat on the stove for about 5 minutes, and make sure the gelatin powder has all dissolved during this time.
- Remove from heat, cool a bit, then season to taste with salt and pepper, and stir in the celery. Turn into a 2 cup (500 ml) gelled salad mould sprayed with cooking spray. Chill until set -- about 5 hours.
- To remove from mould, set mould in a pan of hot (not boiling) water for 5 to 10 seconds, being careful not to let the water flood into the mould. Then, remove from water, and using moistened finger tips gently pull the gelatin away from the sides a bit to help break the vacuum seal along the sides and at the bottom. Then place a plate on top and invert. If it won't come out, then resort to a knife to let more air further down into the mould at the sides.
The total points in the recipe is 4 points. It makes 2 cups (500 ml) in volume. 1/2 cup (125 ml) is only 1 Weight Watchers PointsPlus®. Instead of salt, you can use a salt substitute, or omit.
* Weight Watchers Points™ calculated by CooksInfo.com. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers® International, Inc, which is the owner of the Points® registered trademarks.