Glamorgan Sausages Recipe
This is a Welsh dish for meatless sausages called "Selsig Morgannwg."
- Wash and chop the leek finely; set aside.
- Grate the cheese; set aside.
- Tear the bread up into crumbs, place in good-sized bowl. Add the cheese, leek, parlsey and pinch of mustard; toss together. Add 1 whole egg plus the yolk of the second egg (save the egg white.
- Add just enough milk to bind the mixture together.
- Divide the mixture into 8 portions; shape into sausage shapes.
- Beat the remaining egg white until it is frothy. Dip the sausages in the egg, then roll them into the floor.
- Heat the oil and the butter in a frying pan. Fry the "sausages" in the frying pan until they are golden brown on all sides, about 5 to 10 minutes.
The recipe actually calls for Caerphilly cheese, which is white. Try white cheddar. Can be served hot or room temperature.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!