Rosemary and Garlic Roast Potatoes
A bit of futzing, especially on the timing, but they are fantastic.
- Peel the potatoes. Cut any large ones in halves or quarters, as you deem appropriate.
- Parboil the potatoes for about 10 minutes.
- While they are boiling, peel the garlic cloves.
- Start oven heating to 175 C / 350 F / Gas Mark 4. (See notes)
- Drain, then put the cover back on the pot, and shake the potatoes around in the pot, just enough to rough up the edges of them a bit.
- Put in a roasting pan. Sprinkle some dried rosemary over them, and scatter the garlic cloves around on them. Drizzle with olive oil so that most surfaces of the potatoes are covered.
- Roast for 35 to 45 minutes, or until potatoes are golden-brown and crisp. Check and turn half-way through.
- Serve hot.
If you are already roasting something else in the oven, it's fine to cook these at that temperature (as long as it's not 260 C / 500 F or something). Just adjust cooking time as you see fit.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!