6 layer Mexican Dip Recipe
A hearty dip that will have people hovering by the bowl, so place it somewhere out of traffic flow. Serve with tortilla chips to scoop it up with.
- Take a serving bowl.
- 1. Layer the bottom of your bowl with the refried beans.
- 2. Mash the avocados with the lemon juice, pepper and salt, and make this the 2nd layer in the bowl.
- 3. Mix together the sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoning and make this the 3rd layer in the bowl.
- 4. Mix together the jalapenos, tomatoes and green onions, and make this the 4th layer in your bowl. (Mad dash option: you can use a jar of salsa instead of this.)
- 5. Make the black olives the 5th layer.
- 6. Make the grated cheese your 6th and final layer. You can use cheddar or Monterey Jack.
- Decorate with some hot peppers.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and chill for several hours before serving to give flavours a chance to marry.
You can make this a day ahead.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!