Bacon and Egg Salad Recipe
This is a composed salad; arrange it on a platter and supply spoons for people to use in serving themselves. Nice served with a good crusty bread.
- Fry the bacon until crispy; then set on paper towel to drain.
- While the bacon is frying, hard-boil the eggs. When they're done, soak them in cold water for a few minutes to make them cool enough to handle safely, then peel the eggs and chop the eggs coarsely.
- Whiz in a blender all the ingredients from the Red Wine Vinegar down to and including the ground pepper. Set this dressing aside.
- Wash the frisée; core it and discard the core; set leaves aside to drain (or whiz in salad spinner.)
- Wash the radicchio; chop or tear it into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- Reserving a handful of the frisée, arrange the rest of it on a platter. Scatter over it the chopped egg and the radicchio, then crumble over it the bacon. Garnish with the reserved frisée.
- At this point, you could if you wanted cover with cling-film and put in the fridge for up to a day.
- In any event, when you go to serve, drizzle the dressing that you made over it all.
For tips on how to hard-boil an egg, click on the egg ingredient above. Use American style bacon (aka streaky bacon) or pancetta slices. Easily doubled and put out on a larger platter for a crowd.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!