Black Bean Salsa Recipe
Good make ahead recipe. You can even make it a day ahead -- the flavours will get a chance to marry. Good as a side "relish" to serve with Mexican food, or chicken or fish.
- 1 cup Black Beans cold, cooked
- 1 Tomato small, chopped
- 4 tablespoons Coriander fresh, chopped
- 1 Lime juiced
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Corn Kernels
- 1 Onion chopped, finely
- ¼ teaspoon Cumin ground
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper chopped, optional
- ½ Red Pepper chopped, optional
- Place all ingredients in a bowl, mix.
- Adjust taste with salt and pepper.
- Chill covered in fridge till needed.
For the corn, use either thawed frozen kernels or canned corn kernels. You can omit the ground cumin if you don't have any. You can swap parsley for the fresh coriander. If you have fresh green onions to use instead of the onion, that is also a nice swap to make.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!